INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL ACCIDENT AND ILLNESS INSURANCE
The policy is underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd’s.
Covers if the client sustains an injury during the policy term, which within 24 months results in:
- Death or disablement or the incurring of medical expenses
- Death or disablement due to exposure to severe weather (unavoidable exposure only)
- Disappearance where it is presumed the client is dead and the cause is injury
The policy also covers the client for illness during the term of the policy
Clients are eligible for cover if on the start date of the policy they: Clients are not eligible for cover if on the start date of the policy they: · Are aged under 70 (however illness cover is limited to those under 65)· Reside in the United Kingdom · Have any defect of sight, hearing or other senses and faculties· Any defect or infirmity which needed treatment or medical advice in the last 24 months or may require this in the future
· Have suffered from any mental, nervous, depressive or stress related condition
· Have suffered from high blood pressure, a stroke, a heart condition or other circulatory disorder
· Have suffered from a slipped disc or other spinal disorder, a hernia, any rheumatic or arthritic condition, diabetes, any disorder of the digestive system or any respiratory, urinary or allergic condition
· Have previously been declined or accepted on special terms for life, accident or illness insurance
· Have other accident and illness cover, where the total weekly benefit of all of the policies exceeds there weekly net earnings
· Have received counselling or any medical advice, test or treatment in connection with drug addition, alcoholism, AIDS or any AIDS related condition
· Participate in football, rugby, equestrian or winter sports
Sum Insured for death or disablement
Causes Covered Standard Policy Limit Accidental Death £30,000 Loss of One Limb £15,000 Loss of Sight in One Eye £15,000 Loss of Two of More Limbs £30,000 Loss of Sight in Both Eyes £30,000 Loss of One Limb and Loss of Sight in One Eye £30,000 Permanent Total Disablement £30,000 Temporary Total Disablement £150 per week, paid for 52 weeks, deferment period of 28 days * Temporary Partial Disablement Not covered
Sum Insured for sickness
Causes Covered Standard Policy Limit Loss of Sight in Both Eyes £30,000 Permanent Total Disablement by Paralysis £30,000 Temporary Total Disablement £150 per week, paid for 52 weeks, deferment period of 28 days *
* Will also pay for medical expenses associated with the claim, but will only pay up to 20% of Temporary Total Disablement sum insured.
- War and terrorism
- Flying other than as a passenger
- Pregnancy within 2 months of the estimated date of delivery, or childbirth
- Nuclear or radioactive contamination
- Weapons of mass destruction
- Professional sports
- Armed Forces operational duties
- Any disability, condition or illness for which you have received treatment 24 months prior to inception date
- HIV and AIDS or ARC
How to Make a Claim
In the event of an occurrence liable to give rise to a claim under this Policy, it is a condition before our liability that you shall give notice to us in writing as soon as possible after the date of the occurrence and in any event within ninety (90) days. Such notice shall include full particulars of the occurrence.
Claims Correspondence and Notification
You should in the first instance contact Roger Rich & Co at the following address;
2a Marston House,
Telephone : +44 (0) 1608 641351
Fax : +44 (0) 1608 641176
A claim form will be sent once contact is made.
Cavere Insurance is a product provider and we do not sell directly to the public. If you contact us we can put you in touch with a registered broker that covers your area who will be able to provide you with a quote for one of our products.
Click here and complete a call back form and someone will contact you.
Personal Accident and Illness Insurance
Underwritten by Lloyd’s.
Lloyd’s is the world’s specialist insurance market. Also known as Lloyd’s of London; it is a market where members join together as syndicates to insure risks.
With expertise earned over centuries, Lloyd’s is the foundation of the insurance industry and the future of it. Led by expert underwriters and brokers who cover more than 200 territories, the Lloyd’s market develops the essential, complex and critical insurance needed to underwrite human progress.
Backed by diverse global capital and excellent financial ratings, Lloyd’s works with a global network to grow the insured world – building resilience for businesses and local communities and strengthening economic growth around the world.