Properties will be eligible only if they meet all of the following criteria:
1. The insurance contract must be held in the name of, or on trust for, one or more individuals or by the personal representative of an individual;
2. Have a domestic Council Tax band A to H (or equivalent);
3. Used for residential purposes;
4. Have an individual premium;
5. The holder of the policy, or their immediate family, must live in the dwelling for some or all of the time (whether or not with others) or the dwelling must be unoccupied;
6. Built before 1st January 2009 (if a building is demolished, built pre 1st January 2009, and rebuilt, the new property is still eligible);
7. Located within the UK comprising England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (excluding the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).