Frequently asked questions

Help is at Hand

How do I make a claim?

To make a claim please follow the instructions in your policy booklet. In most cases the best way is to call the claims phone number but you may also write to or email the claims handler. For Buildings and Contents policies and emergency products the claims lines are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If you cannot locate your policy booklet or do not have it to hand you can locate the claims phone number on the How to make a claim page of this site or alternatively you can call us on 01904 476096 and we will locate your policy record and provide the correct contact details.

How do I make a complaint?

In the unlikely event that you have reason to complain it is very important that we direct your complaint to the right person as quickly as possible. Instructions on how to complain are detailed in your policy booklet.  You can also call or write to us. Please click here for our contact details.<\n> If your insurance policy is with Lloyd’s insurers you can also refer your complaint to Lloyd’s at the following address: Lloyd’s Complaints Department Lloyd’s Market Services Fidentia House Walter Burke Way Chatham Kent ME4 4RN By phone +44 (0)20 7327 5693 By email: Website:

Do you charge for paying by direct debit?

No, at Cavere Insurance we believe in keeping our policies simple and our charging structure transparent, so we do not charge any additional fees for paying by monthly direct debit. The price we charge is the same regardless of how you pay, be that by credit card, debit card or by direct debit.

How do I contact customer services?

We offer a number of options for you to contact customer services as detailed below:
  • email. You can email
  • You can complete the contact form on our website by clicking here
  • Phone. You can call us on 01904 476096. Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

How do I change my bank details?

If you have changed banks and you have an existing direct debit mandate set up with us we will receive notification from your bank. If you would just like to pay from a different account simply call us on 01904 476096 during office hours. For security we do not recommend you emailing your bank details to us.

I haven’t received my policy documents?

If you chose to receive documents online they will be available to view and print from your customer account immediately the policy is completed. From the home page click the "View & Print my documents" button or login to follow the links to Customer Account. You can then view all documents related to your policy. If you have chosen to receive paper documents please allow up to three working days for them to arrive. If your documents do not arrive after seven working days please call us on 01904 476096.

Can I view my policy online?

Yes all the policies you hold with us can be viewed by logging into your customer account. In order to view your policies online you may need to register your account. The process is very straight forward and will only take a few minutes. If you have any problems accessing or setting up your account please contact us on 01904 476096. (Mon-Friday 9am – 5pm)

How do I change my address?

To notify us of a change of address simply call us on 01904 476096.

How do I get a quote for a new policy?

Cavere Insurance is a product provider and we do not sell directly to the public. If you contact us we can put you in touch with one of our approved brokers in your area who will be able to provide you with a quote for one of our products. Click here to request a call back.

Do you cover properties that have been flooded or are in a flood risk area?

Yes we do provide both Buildings and Contents insurance for properties in flood risk areas. (subject to certain criteria) See our page on Flood Re for more information by clicking here

Can I change my payment date?

Yes, we are able to make changes to your payment date. We can normally change your payment date to within 7 days either side of your current payment date. To discuss changing your payment date, simply call us on 01904 476096.

What are my payment options?

You can choose to pay your premium by any of the following methods;
  • Monthly Direct Debit
  • Annual Direct Debit
  • Annual Credit/Debit Card
We do not make any additional charge for paying by monthly Direct Debit.

Can I pay for my policy monthly by credit or debit card?

If you would like to pay your premium monthly, we are able to offer a monthly Direct Debit at no additional cost, unfortunately we are unable to accept regular Debit or Credit card payments at the present time.

My mortgage provider has asked they are noted on my policy, am I able to add them as an interested party?

Yes, we are able to add your mortgage provider as an interested party, and their details will show on your policy schedule. To add their details to your policy, simply call us on 01904 476 096.

My policy is due for renewal shortly, when will I receive my renewal notice?

We normally post your new policy documents to you around 21 days before your renewal date.  You can also view your renewal invitation by logging into your customer account. Please take time to read through these documents carefully, to ensure that they accurately reflect your current circumstances, and that the cover provided by your policy is still suitable and appropriate for your needs. If you do need to make any changes to your policy, please contact us as soon as possible on 01904 476 096.

My cover lapsed as it fell into arrears, how do I reinstate my policy?

Please contact us immediately on 01904 476 096 to discuss the current status of your policy as we may be able to reinstate your cover.

I wish to cancel my policy but I have made a claim in the current policy year?

If any claim has been made during the period of cover provided, you must pay the full annual premium.

What is the excess that applies to my policy?

The excess is the amount you will need to pay towards each claim, and will be detailed on your policy schedule. The excess may be different depending on the reason for the claim, and the total excess payable includes both the standard policy excess as well as any voluntary excess you may have.

What would happen if my property becomes unoccupied?

If a property becomes unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days (30 days for Home Emergency policies and Legal Expenses) certain elements of cover may need to be removed and additional endorsements may need to be applied. It is important that you update us as soon as you are aware that this is the case so that we can make the necessary adjustment to your policy to ensure that your cover remains in place.