Cavere Home Insurance (RSA)

Underwritten by RSA, Cavere Home Insurance is rated 5 star by the Moneyfacts Group, the independent researcher of financial products in the UK.

With a 300 year heritage, RSA is one of the world’s leading multinational quoted insurance groups.

They have major operations in the UK, Scandinavia, Canada, Ireland, Asia and the Middle East, Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe and the capability to write business in around 140 countries. Focusing on general insurance, they have around 19,000 employees and, in 2014, their net written premiums were £7.5 billion.

  • Buildings Cover Limits 

    Causes Covered Standard Policy Limit
    Buildings Cover Maximum Claim Limit £1,000,000
    Alternative Accommodation 20% of the maximum claim limit for buildings
    Replacement Locks & Keys £750
    Removal of Squatters £10,000
    Trace & Access £5,000
    Property Owners Liability £2,000,000
    Trees, Shrubs, Plants and Lawns £1,500

    Contents Cover Limits 

    Causes Covered Standard Policy Limit
    Contents Cover Maximum Claim Limit £100,000
    Theft of Contents from an Outbuilding or Garage £3,000
    Loss of Metered oil or water Up to the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Occcupiers & Personal Liability £2,000,000
    Employers Liability £10,000,000
    Tenants liability 20% of the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Contents temporarily removed Up to the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Rent & Alternative Accommodation 20% of the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Replacement locks & keys £750
    Wedding/Birthday and Religious increase £3,000
    Visitors Personal Belongings £1,000
    Tenants Improvements 20% of the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Students Belongings Up to the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Business Equipment (Clerical) Up to the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Title Deeds & Personal Documents £2,500
    Freezer Food Up to the maximum claim limit for Contents
    Money in the Home £750
    Credit Cards in the Home £500
    Total unspecified High Risk items Limit/Valuables £30,000
    Single unspecified High Risk item limit/Valuables £2,500
    Single specified item limit £10,000
    Contents in the open (within the property boundaries) £2,000
    Electronic Data Downloads £2,500

    Optional Cover Extensions 

    Causes Covered Buildings Contents Standard Policy Limits
    Accidental Damage Cover Y Y Up to the Buildings or Contents Maximum Claim limit
    Home Emergency cover Y Y £1,000 per claim
    Personal legal Protection Y Y £50,000

    Optional Personal Belongings Cover

    Unspecified Personal Belongings Policy Limit Specified Personal Belongings Policy Limit
    Maximum Unspecified sum insured £20,000 Total Maximum Specified Personal Belongings £20,000
    Single Item limit (Non Cycle) £2,500 Single Specified Limit (Non Cycle) £10,000
    Single Item Limit (Cycles) £500 Maximum Combined Unspecified and specified £20,000
    Personal Money £750 Single Specified Limit (Cycles) £3000
    Credit Cards £500 Maximum All Specified Cycles £5,000
    Mobile Phones Up to chosen PB cover limit Maximum number of Cycles 5

     Standard Policy Excess Amounts

    Excess Amount
    Standard policy Excess £100
    Escape of Water £250
    Subsidence, Heave or Landslip £1,000
  • For Policy claims please call 0345 0724386

    How to make a claim

    If you need to make a claim, what you need most of all is speedy, professional, practical help. That is exactly what we provide.
    When an accident happens, you should take any immediate action you think is necessary to protect your property and belongings from further damage, such as switching off the gas, electricity or water.

    Call our claims helpline on the number shown on your schedule. Please have your policy number handy when you call. While most claims can be agreed over the phone, there may be times when we will ask you to complete a claim form and provide us with further information and/or we may wish to arrange a visit and inspection.

    To help us deal with your claim quickly, please read the policy booklet carefully, particularly
    the Claims conditions and Policy exclusions on pages 12 to 17.

  • Cavere Insurance is a product provider and we do not sell directly to the public. If you contact us we can put you in touch with a registered broker that covers your area who will be able to provide you with a quote for one of our products.

    Click here and complete a call back form and someone will contact you.

  • We know you’re concerned about recent developments regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and we are doing everything we can to support you as well as our employees.

    This is an unprecedented and fast-moving situation so to try and help you understand what it means for you, we have put together the below frequently asked questions.

    I will be working from home, how does this affect my cover?

    You do not need to tell us if you are carrying out clerical work from home, such as using a laptop or phone. If you receive business visitors to your home there are some restrictions such as loss of money or theft that are excluded, unless there is evidence of forcible and violent entry to the property.

    Will my work equipment be covered at home?

    You do not need to add business equipment (e.g. a phone or laptop) owned by your employer to your policy as this will usually be covered under their business insurance.

    Any business equipment owned by you can be covered under your policy. Business equipment is defined as computer, telecommunication and office equipment, office furniture and stationery, owned by your family or your family’s responsibility under contract.

    Please check your policy schedule and policy wording for more details and limits.

    Will my home be covered if I have to leave it unoccupied due to staying with relatives because of self-isolating, being stuck abroad or being in hospital?

    Our policy usually allows up to 60 days unoccupancy before certain restrictions apply. However, we will waive these restrictions if the unoccupancy is unavoidable as a result of coronavirus.

    If you are planning to leave your property unoccupied, here are some tips to help protect your property:

    • Ask a friend or neighbour to keep an eye on your property;
    • Ensure your windows and doors are locked (and remove keys) and set your alarm;
    • Switch off and unplug electrical items;
    • Turn off the gas at the mains, unless it’s required for an automatically controlled heating system;
    • Turn off the water at the mains and drain the system unless an automatically controlled heating system requiring the water supply is left in operation.

    I am usually away from the home during the day, but because of self-isolation I am at home all of the time, is this something I need to tell you?

    No, you don’t need to tell us if you are home more often because of the virus.

    My friend or carer is coming to stay with me during self-isolation, am I covered?

    If the home is occupied by anyone other than you or your family, certain restrictions apply. However, we will waive these restrictions if your friend or carer is staying with you as a result of coronavirus. If your friend or carer continues to stay with you after self-isolation finishes, you must advise us so we can review your policy.

    I am taking personal belongings to another location where I will be living during self-isolation, are they covered?

    Yes, we will cover personal belongings temporarily removed from your home during self-isolation if you lose them, they’re damaged in a fire or stolen.

    Please check your policy wording for a full list of what we do and don’t cover, and details of policy limits.

    I have been asked to provide a valuation within 30 days, but I am self-isolating so cannot provide one, am I covered?

    Yes, we will continue to cover your items under normal terms while you have to self-isolate.

    Please provide us with a valuation as soon as you can once restrictions are lifted. Details of how to do this are included in your policy documentation. In the meantime, you will be covered and we will send you a reminder at a later date.

    You could also send us a receipt via email if this is available and we advise that you take photographs of the item(s).

    I didn’t receive my renewal documents, because I was in hospital with coronavirus or no post was delivered due to coronavirus:

    If you find you have missed your renewal date due to issues relating from coronavirus, then please contact us on 01904 476096 or email and we will do what we can to either reinstate your policy or arrange a new policy for you as soon as possible.

    I need to talk to you about something else, how do I get in touch?

    You can telephone us on 01904 476096 as normal however as we the majority of our staff are working from home, you may experience longer than normal waiting times if you try to contact us by phone.

    You can email us at or use the contact form or make a change to my policy form on this website wherever possible to enable us to resolve your query more efficiently and cut down your time spent waiting.

Product Downloads

  • Policy Wording

    A PDF copy of your full policy terms & conditions

    View Download
  • Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

    A PDF summary of the policy features

    View Download