Clients are eligible for cover providing that throughout the policy they: Are a permanent resident of the United Kingdom Are at least 18 years of age at the start date Have a Contract Hire Agreement in place for the insured vehicle Hold a current valid United Kingdom driving licence or hold a full internationally recognised driving licence that is valid for use in the United Kingdom Are not a motor trader, garage or associated company, or the proprietor(s) of such motor trader or garage, or an employee or a direct relative of such proprietor(s) The vehicle to be insured must:
- Be covered by a motor insurance policy throughout the period of cover
- Be hired from the supplying dealer
- Be listed in Glass’s Guide
- Be principally used within the United Kingdom
- Not be used for daily or weekly rental purposes
- Not have been purchased via a private sale
- Not have previously been written off or have been the subject of a total loss occurring before the start date
This policy will not provide cover for:
- Any vehicle with a gross vehicle weight of 3.5 tonnes or above
- Any vehicle if it is insured on any type of motor trade insurance policy
- Any vehicle used at any time in a public service capacity, such as Military, Police or Ambulance vehicle
- Any vehicle used at any time for hire and reward; courier or delivery services, or for the carriage of passengers, including but not limited to taxi services and private hire. For the purposes of this insurance policy, driving school vehicles or vehicles used for driving instruction purposes are covered, provided the insured vehicle complies with this policy’s Eligibility criteria throughout the period of cover
- Any vehicle used at any time for any type of competition or rally; racing; any type of track day; off road; speed testing; pacemaking; or reliability trials
- Motorcycles; quad bikes; scooters; tricycles; sidecars; any vehicle with a non-manufacturer fitted LPG conversion or with a rotary engine
- Any vehicle that has been modified other than in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications
- Any imported vehicle unless manufactured as right hand drive and purchased from an authorised United Kingdom distributor; or
- Kit cars; invalid carriages; buses; coaches; stretched limousines; touring caravans or trucks.
Please refer to the policy booklet for full details of all benefits and exclusions under this policy.
For Policy claims please call 0330 4001657
How To Make A Claim
We are informed by the insurer that due to the current situation all their claims handlers are working from home. This is causing some delays in the processing of claims and they apologise for any inconvenience. Remote workers do not have access to normal exchange phone lines and as such they cannot currently be contacted by phone.
In order to register a claim the insurer is requesting that you only use the online claims portal. https://claims.mapfre.co.uk
Thank you for your support.
In the event of a claim please contact the Claims Administrator and have Your Certificate of Insurance and vehicle registration number to hand.
By telephone: 0330 400 1657
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: You must contact the Claims Administrator prior to accepting any Motor Insurance Settlement.
The Claims Administrator will register the details of Your claim and send a claim form to You. You will need to sign this and provide the following information/documentation:
- Your Motor Insurance Policy certificate and schedule
- The Motor Insurance Settlement letter
- A copy of the Contract Hire Agreement and the Finance Early Settlement Balance from the Finance Company
- A copy of the Insured Driver’s driving licence, if applicable
You will need to return the completed claim form and supporting documentation to the Claims Administrator:
In writing: Abraxas Insurance Administration Services Ltd, 1 Victoria Street, Bristol Bridge, Bristol, BS1 6AA, or;
By e-mail: email@example.com
If the information above is not given to the Claims Administrator within 30 calendar days of opening a claim, then unless the Claims Administrator agrees an extension, or other exceptional circumstances apply, Your claim may not be paid.
Cavere Insurance is a product provider and we do not sell directly to the public. If you contact us we can put you in touch with a registered broker that covers your area who will be able to provide you with a quote for one of our products.
Click here and complete a call back form and someone will contact you.
Contract Hire GAP Insurance (Mapfre)
Underwritten by MAPFRE, the Cavere Contract Hire Guaranteed Asset Protection product (GAP) is designed to pay the difference between the Motor Insurance Settlement and the Finance Early Settlement Balance payable to the Finance Company at the Date of Loss if the insured vehicle is declared a total loss.
Mapfre are the third largest insurance group in Latin America and the leading company in non-life insurance across the region. They are also the eleventh biggest insurer in Europe and rank among the top 20 insurers in auto insurance in the United States.