Home Insurance (Ageas)

Underwritten by Ageas, the Cavere Home Insurance product is rated 5 star by the Moneyfacts Group, the independent researcher of financial products in the UK.

Ageas is an international insurance group ranked among the top 20 insurance companies in Europe, with key markets in Europe and Asia, and a heritage spanning more than 190 years.

  • The cover limits below apply to policies sold or renewed after the 1st July 2020. For policies purchased prior to this date please see individual policy documentation.

    Buildings Cover Limits

    Causes Covered Standard Policy Limit
    Buildings Cover Maximum Claim Limit £1,000,000
    Homeowner’s legal responsibilities £2,000,000
    Rent & Alternative Accommodation 20% of the maximum claim limit for buildings
    Being forced to leave your home 20% of the maximum claim limit for buildings
    Home Improvements £1,000

    Contents Cover Limits 

    Causes Covered Standard Policy Limit
    Contents Cover Maximum Claim Limit £100,000
    Cover for valuables in the home 30% of the maximum claim limit for contents, £2,500 item limit

    Items over £2,500 must be specified to be covered, max limit £20,000

    Max for all jewellery & watches in the home unless stolen from a fixed, locked safe £10,000
    Business Equipment £5,000 total; £2,500 item limit
    Theft of Contents from an Outbuilding or Garage £1,000
    (if Outbuilding or Garage is locked £2,500 per outbuilding or garage; £5,000 overall limit
    Fatal injury occurring in the home £10,000
    Loss of Metered oil or water £2,000
    Contents in the garden £2,000 total; £500 item limit
    Money £750
    Credit Cards £1,000
    Deeds & Documents £2,500
    Guests Personal Belongings £1,000
    Taking shopping home £400
    Garden Cover £1,500
    Counselling Fees £1,000
    Moving home cover £5,000
    Contents taken away from the home 20% of the maximum claim limit for contents
    Tenants home improvements 10% of the maximum claim limit for contents
    Rent & Alternative Accommodation 20% of the maximum claim limit for contents
    Special Events Maximum Claim Limit for Contents is increased by £5,000
    Being forced to leave your home 20% of the maximum claim limit for contents
    Downloads & Computer files £1,000
    Recently purchased contents £1,000
    Public & Personal Legal Responsibilities £2,000,000
    Unpaid damages £2,000,000
    Legal Responsibiity for domestic employees £10,000,000
    Protection for tenants 20% of the maximum claim limit for contents

    Optional Cover Extensions

    Causes Covered Buildings Contents Standard Policy Limits
    Accidental Damage Cover Y Y Up to the Buildings or Contents Maximum Claim limit
    Everyday Personal Belongings N/A Y Min £1,000, Max £15,000, £2,500 limit per item
    Higher Value Personal Belongings N/A Y Up to £15,000 in total, £10,000 item limit
    Bicycles N/A Y Up to £20,000 in total, £2,500 limit per bicycle
    Home Emergency cover Y Y up to £1,000 or three claims per year
    Personal legal Protection Y Y £50,000

    Standard Policy Excess Amounts

    Cause Excess Amount
    Standard Policy Excess £100
    Subsidence* £1,000
    Leaking or freezing water & leaking oil £350
    Flood* £250

    * Excess amount is unaffected by any voluntary excess that may be chosen

  • For Policy claims please call 0344 412 4180

    How to make a claim

    If you are aware of an incident that might give rise to a claim or you need to make a claim, you must do the
    following as soon as possible:
    Buildings and/or Contents – Call our claims helpline on 0344 412 4180 to report the incident.

    • Tell the police as soon as reasonably possible if something is lost or if you suspect theft or malicious
    • Take all practical steps to get back any property which has been lost.
    • If we have asked you to fill in a claim form, send this back to us, with everything we have asked for, within
      30 days of us sending it to you.
    • Immediately send us any written claim which is made against you, and give us full details of any verbal
      claims made against you.
    • Take reasonable action to protect the property from loss or damage.

    You must not:

    • Throw away, get rid of or destroy items that are damaged until we say so;
    • admit or deny responsibility for any incident; or
    • negotiate or settle any claims made against you by anyone else, unless we agree in writing that you can.
  • Cavere Insurance is a product provider and we do not sell directly to the public. If you contact us we can put you in touch with a registered broker that covers your area who will be able to provide you with a quote for one of our products.

    Click here and complete a call back form and someone will contact you.

Product Downloads

  • Policy Wording

    A PDF copy of your full policy terms & conditions

    View Download
  • Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

    A PDF summary of the policy features

    View Download